Saturday, May 22, 2010

Lizard Illustration

Here is an illustration I did back in my second year of school. We were given the choice between any exotic animal, such as birds, reptiles or fish. We had to present a sketch as well the final illustration.

The set up was that the illustration would be used for a children's book cover. Keeping that in mind I chose to design my cover as an informational book for children. The book would feature all kinds of different reptiles with information on each one. I ended up naming the book "The Reptile Rap Sheet." With the idea of a police record stating all the information aka a rap sheet.

For portfolio purposes I removed the title from the cover because I want to just show the illustration. I felt the type was distracting. Here is the sketch and final illustration. Enjoy!